Red wine or white wine? Grapeseed Oil Benefits For Skin - We love red wine, don’t we? Some love the taste and texture of it while some are thrilled with its benefits. We have our own reasons! We all know that red wine gets better as it ages! But, what if the component of wine can really stop your aging signs from appearing? The grapeseed extract in the skincare realm gives the wine a run to the cork. The beauty and skincare enthusiasts come up with new skincare ingredients almost every day, making it harder for us to choose the right one for us! Grapeseed oil is one of them. Today, let’s toast to a unique way to enjoy the grapes! Here are top Grapeseed Oil Benefits For Skin.
What is Grapeseed Oil?Grapeseed oil is a byproduct of winemaking. As the winemakers make grapes into wine, the remnant grape seeds are turned into an elixir that packs a powerful punch of health and beauty benefits. It penetrates the skin quickly, leaving it soft, supple, and nourished. In short, this is all that and a bag of chips that is lighter in texture and absorbs easily into the skin. Known largely for its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, it is also high in vitamin E and omega fatty acids- making it popular among skincare enthusiasts. The real strength of grapeseed oil lies in its molecular structure. "Polyphenol compounds in grapeseed oil, such as proanthocyanidins, are especially powerful antioxidants. Studies found that the antioxidant power of grape seed proanthocyanidins is 20 times greater than that of vitamin E and 50 times greater than that of vitamin C," says Marisa Plescia (a research scientist of skincare). "The strong antioxidant capacities of grapeseed can help reduce the signs of aging, such as sunspots, fine lines, and wrinkles."
Grapeseed Oil Benefits For Skin
1. Manages acne (Combats breakouts)Perfect for treating acne and managing breakouts. The linoleic acid- popularly known as omega-6-fatty acids, is in high concentration in grape seed oil. They help in acne besides fortifying the skin barrier and help reduce the transdermal water loss from the skin.
2. Protects against free radicalsPacked with antioxidants like vitamin C, Vitamin E, beta-carotene, and polyphenols that help in warding off the free radicals due to exposure to the Sun and environmental aggressors. The free radicals (bad guys) have an oxidative reaction on the skin exhibiting the aging signs on the skin as a result. Thus, the skin gets wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and irritated skin.
3. Moisturizes and balances the skinThe fatty acids in the grapeseed oil also help in moisturizing the skin by retaining the existing moisture. It is done by the benevolent linoleic acid that enters the cell membranes and fortifies the skin barrier to leave skin softer and smoother. Simultaneously, the vitamin F replenishes the lost lipids and helps you boost moisture in the skin.
4. Reduces inflammation (Lessens redness)Linoleic acid has anti-inflammatory properties and thus can help reduce inflammation on the skin’s dermal and epidermal layers. Additionally, phytosterols, a plant molecule found in grapes, can help manage the skin’s inflammatory response. Thus, they together help in preventing and treating inflammation and redness on the skin.
5. Minimizes fine lines and wrinklesFatty acids along with the polyphenols in the grape seed oil help in fighting off the premature aging of the skin. They not only just slow down the aging process but even reverse the aging signs. Thus, the topical application of grapeseed oil reduces visible aging signs like fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots.
6. Lightens scarsBrimming with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fatty acids that together work to lighten the scars and fade dark spots. Several studies have shown that grape seed oil-loaded skincare products effectively make the face brighter and lighter.
7. Hydrates and firmsChock-full with vitamins E and other minerals and fatty acids are found in creams and skincare products that hydrate and nourish the skin. The skin is well hydrated and thus the collagen and the elastin in the skin keep the skin firm and tight. Well-hydrated skin stays healthy and shows no signs of damage.
8. Boosts CollagenPromotes collagen development in the skin because of its antioxidants, and polyphenols content. Thus, it helps the skin to stay intact and younger for a longer period of time. As we know collagen keeps the skin cells healthy, intact and boosts the overall appearance of the skin. The skin looks tighter, younger, and brighter.
9. Anti-microbialGrapeseed is sought to be anti-microbial. Thus, it helps in deep and effective cleaning of the skin. The skin is gotten rid of the harmful bacteria and pathogens that give rise to breakouts and acne. It is slightly astringent and purifying, and often considered similar to the polyphenols called catechins.
10. Lessens HyperpigmentationAs we know that it's really something extra for your skin, grape seed oil helps with sun damage and consequently, hyperpigmentation. This is the reason why grapeseed oil is used in skin care products to treat oily, and acne-prone skin or dry and hyperpigmented skin.
11. Evens Skin ToneWith the high level of proanthocyanidin (a form of antioxidant) in the grapes, the grapeseed oil helps in evening out the skin tone when used regularly and consistently.
Uniqaya Body Scrub & Polisher - Best Product With Grapeseed Oil BenefitsGrapeseed Oil has been under the radar for quite a while now! It’s your chase to steal the start of the skincare. Time to pull up the curtain and shine a spotlight on the ingredient- grapeseed oil- in the form of Body Scrub and Polisher. The formula of Uniqaya Body Scrub and Polish is fabulous with coffee, brown sugar, grape seed oil, apricot kernel oil, and sweet almond oil. Used as a nourishing and moisturizing oil along with the scrubbing agents, the grape seed oil enters the skin deeply.
The scrub is free from all the harmful chemicals- no sulfates, no parabens, no phthalates, and is non-comedogenic. Therefore, besides being in touch with nature, the body scrub is formulated to be light enough for everyday use. Coffee and brown sugar are the exfoliators that cleanse the skin effectively and leave the skin well-fed with nutrients. With these full-proof ingredients and benefits of the scrub and polisher, your skin will be glowing, soft, and supple in no time! No matter what kind of skin type you have- the oily, combination, or sensitive- it's ideal for all the skin types- So, cheers to that! Try it for a day with your bae or your friend- A day to pamper yourself with the super relaxing grape seed oil-loaded body scrub and polisher!
More from: Natural Ingredients