Since the market is buzzing with retinol infused products, it is time to consider adding it to your list since it is brimming with potent benefits for skincare issues being faced by women of today.
Retinol is basically a type of retinoid that is derived from vitamin A. Dermatologists and beauty bloggers often recommend retinol face cream as a great way to care for your skin. But many people don't understand what actually retinol for skin is and how it can be an effective part of a skincare regimen. In addition to providing certain skincare benefits, this product is affordable as well.
Retinol is best known for its anti-aging properties as they target the early signs of aging due to hectic lifestyles and sun exposure leading to wrinkles, fine lines, dullness, or sagging skin in the early ’20s. Because of its collagen-boosting properties, it is responsible for the skin's firm and plumped appearance. As collagen reduces with age, wrinkles and fines start to appear which is where retinol serums target.
Before buying best retinol cream
- It has the potential to speed up cellular turnover meaning that old skin cells shed sooner, revealing healthy new skin. Retinol, therefore, helps to make skin look brighter and fresher with regular use.
- It is believed that wrinkle reduction is usually the top benefit for retinol but this product is known to help with acne, a problem faced by people of all ages.
- Retinol also potentially helps to remove clogs from pores, which helps in clearing up breakouts or prevent pimple formation. It also helps to reduce the appearance of pores.
- Retinol works to neutralize free radicals and skin turnover while smoothing fine lines blurring acne marks and other blemishes in the process.
How to use Retinol Face Cream
The application plays a big part because applying too much and too often can have the opposite effect or actually cause more damage to the skin.
- When first starting to use any retinol product, one needs to have patience as it may take about 12 weeks for any visible effects to appear.
- Make sure your skin is completely dry as when your skin is at all damp, the retinol will be able to absorb more deeply into your skin and might cause irritation.
- Finish with your moisturizer to prevent any kind of irritation as it might sting a little for the first time.
- When using any retinol product not just serum, one should always apply a facial sunscreen with good SPF in the morning.
- It's best advised to put on retinol face cream at night as sun exposure can cause redness or inflammation due to its properties.
Retinol serums are an effective way to take care of the skin, one can start using it as soon as one notices any early signs of aging on their skin to prevent further effects of the same. Even people who don't see any signs of aging may want to start applying retinol serums as a preventative measure. Some experts have started recommending retinol-based products at about 25 years of age with 0.5 to 1% concentration.